Quiet high pitched noise from motor/ hochfrequentes Motorpfeifen

• I hope english is ok :)

I've got a quiet high pitched (squeaking ? whistling ?) noise from the engine. I can hear it even sitting in the car.
    This is present all the time, with no change in tone or frequency, regardless in idle or on the highway (harder to hear when driving due to normal driving noise)

I've been to the Opel garage, and the mechanic says "tankentluftungsventil", but looking through this forum, most of the complaints there are clicking noises.

Anyone else have this noise ?

P.S. You can reply in German, Ich verstehe Deutsch, It's just if I try to write in German, no one would understand :)

• Hi there.
    First I would like to say :welcome:

Most of the time, it's not possible to identify the problem for things like this. Especially if it is something like any kind of noise.
    I think, a video where we can hear the "noise" would be helpfull.

What you have described, I would'nt know what it could be.

The Garage said the Tank ventilation valve?

Let's hear what you hear and I'm sure someone here can help :)

BR

VG
    :M&M2_re: :M&M_re: :M&M_li: :M&M2_li:
    ManU & Micha

"Beim Beschleunigen müssen die Tränen der Ergriffenheit waagerecht zum Ohr hin abfließen"
    Walter Röhrl

Neu hier? Dann stell Dich doch kurz HIER vor ;)

• Thanks for the tip. But I’m not talking about the ticking or klacking sounds. I realize this is really loud in the videos.
    I’m bothered by the high pitched noise. The best I can describe it is „quietschen“. It’s pretty quiet in the video. When I’m back home tomorrow, I’ll edit the audio to focus on the high pitched noise.

• I know exactly what noise you mean. Not the rattling but this permanent light whistling as in a tinnitus disorder. Unfortunately, I do not have a clue technically and I do not know what that might be.

Ich weiß genau welches Geräusch du meinst. Nicht das Rasseln sondern dieses dauerhafte helle Pfeiffen wie bei einer Tinnituserkrankung. Leider habe ich technisch keine große Ahnung und weiß nicht was das sein könnte.

LG Domi

(Adam S „Blitzi“ 05/2015 bis 06/2020) :blitzi_li:

• Das helle dauerhafte Pfeifen im Hintergrund dürfte die Wärmepumpe sein.
    Das Geräusch ist im Leerlauf stärker als bei erhöhter Drehzahl....zumindest war es an meinem alten Adam so.
    Was für einen Motor hast du in deinem Adam drin?
    Welches Baujahr hat dein Adam?

• Hi! Hope the weekend is good for all :)

Here is a link to a sound file. I've filtered to the higher frequency range. The sound I'm trying to identify is the high pitched 'ringing' sound.

@Domi - That's the sound I'm talking about.

@GTdrifter - Wärmepumpe ? Have you had this problem with this sound before ?

Thanks for all the input. I'm just looking for something to go back to the dealer with. As I said before, the dealer mechanic just handwaved at the tankentluftungsventil and said it's normal. I'm not buying that. I have the feeling that they just don't want to take on any guarantee work :huh:

• Sorry....ich meinte natürlich die Wasserpumpe. :wall:
    Keine Ahnung wie ich auf Wärmepumpe kam. :spinn:

Das Geräusch war bei warmen/heißem Motor deutlich zu hören.
    Im normalen Alltag bei mir dadurch eher weniger,da ich meist nur kurze Strecken fahre.
    Bei mir war der 1,4l 100PS Motor verbaut.